Friday, July 25, 2008

The Divine Miss M

Bette Midler is currently performing in Las Vegas right now at Caesar's Palace! I happen to have a little bald, fabulous, middle-aged, Broadway-loving gay man who lives inside of me- and we are both very very excited about the prospect of seeing her live! Bette Midler and I were born on the same day, so we have always had a very special connection. She is a brassy, red headed Jewish girl from Hawaii who was a hit on Broadway and as The Divine Miss M at those raunchy east village gay bathhouses of the 1970's. Not only does she sing, she makes jokes, and walks around the stage like a drag queen!! And the costumes! Hello! My sister's and I are going to try and get to Vegas in the next 6 months to see The Divine Miss M in all her glory- Vegas Baby!

1 comment:

Manya said...

GOD - that video makes me wish I was a singer!!